Review for Dobyns Chronicles by Shirley McLain

Note: This is NOT a romance novel.


My Review

Shirley McLain's "Dobyns Chronicles" is the tale of the life and times of her great-grandfather. I don't usually read in this genre, but I was pleasantly surprised by how this book kept me interested. The only frame of reference I have for this story is a beloved game from my childhood - Oregon Trail. You got to make choices and try to keep your group alive, and that's just what Charlie Dobyns does throughout his life. He faces all kinds of adversity and you keep wondering who will survive and who will be lost. A captivating novel and I also really liked the family pictures as well.

4 out of 5 stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviews for The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy by Cecilia London

6 Days Until Rhapsody by Cecilia London

Promo for The Hellions Ride Series by Chelsea Camaron