Review for Eyes of Emerald by Harvey Stelman and Andrew Nathan


My Review

Harvey Stelman and Andrew Nathan have written a lovely story, "Eyes of Emerald." It has the feel of "The Princess Bride" in that there's a storyteller and every so often, you get to see it from the other side where the people are listening to the story. It's a compelling story about love. I don't want to spoil it with any details here, but it definitely kept me reading. I wanted to know what would happen to Esther and Sammy. I thought the representation of the time period and the different ethnicities involved was very good.

4 out of 5 stars



Some comments from other readers:

I just finished reading "Eyes of Emerald" and have found it to be a surprisingly good read. The characters seem real. The story line is interesting and the authors move it along quickly while offering peeks into Jewish family life and social culture of the 1930s. 
 
THis book read like someone was telling me a story in person. Once I started reading...I couldn't put it down. This reminded me of a time when people took nothing for granted and appreciated what this great country was built on and worked hard for everything. The love expressed between Esther and Sammy is what everyone wants to have with their mate. 
 
"Eyes of Emerald" is a book written by a very interesting person, whom I do not know in person, but only in the virtual world. From what I know Harvey Stelman has a life that would be a great plot for a book or a movie of its own. A man stricken by MS at a young age, but still able to lead a full life thanks to his unique personality and great people around him, Harvey with the help of his young friend Andrew wrote a book based on a real life story.
The story about one of his cousins is amazing, unbelievable and still, so true and fascinating. I am not going to retell the story, the reader has to take this journey. I will just tell that from the very beginning you will be hooked to the narration, eager to know, what's next!

At the beginning the narration seems a little bit too over detailed and slow moving, but then you realize that this is how it should be. You see that from a traditional understandable life of a Jewish family, that goes by its own rules and ways, a young girl is just jerked out into a completely different world! Esther's fate is amazing, fascinating and unique.

You have to read it and I guarantee, you won't be able to put the book away until you are finished reading.

I am sure that the book would make a great scenario for a movie and I would advise the authors to check the possibilities of selling the idea to the film makers.
 
 
Eyes of Emerald is a book about two totally different ways of life, merger together in a wonderous surprisingly, suspensfully, story. The AUTHOR has a gift of telling the story from both sides, like he lived the story himself. Wish I could read it over again as if it were the first time. 

When I finished reading Eyes of Emerald ... I held the book in my hands for a few minutes ... feeling the full impact of the final chapter ... and then whispered to myself ... OMG!

From my point of view ... having been a copy writer for a major publishing company in New York ... I feel this book deserves five stars!

Eyes of Emerald is an absolutely amazing story! I loved it! The author made it so easy ... for people from all walks of life ... to relate to both the strengths and weaknesses of the characters. Again, that final chapter kept me thinking ... long after the book was closed!
 

I believe this book would make a wonderful movie! When I read it, it brought back memories of my own growing-up-years in New York. It portrayed not only the family values of the Jewish people at that time ... but also many other ethnic groups.

I found it to be a real page-turner with a surprise ending ... and I would recommend Eyes of Emerald as a good read for everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviews for The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy by Cecilia London

6 Days Until Rhapsody by Cecilia London

Promo for The Hellions Ride Series by Chelsea Camaron