Review for Alex (Striking Back #4) by S.M. Shade



Title : Alex, Striking Back: Book Four
Author: S.M. Shade
Genre: M/M Romance

Blurb:

Ninety- two days. Thirteen weeks. That’s how long it’s been since I lost my love, my best friend. It’s been everything I can do to drag myself out of bed and get back to work, but I know Cooper would want me to move on. I think he’d even be happy if he knew who I want to move on with. The target of my affection, though, may not be so thrilled about my choice.

He’s straight. Or he thinks he is.

A womanizer of the worst kind with a face and body that keeps a steady stream of willing women at his door, he seems happy to work his way through the entire female population. But there’s no mistaking the way he looks at me when he thinks I’m not paying attention.
One way or another, I’ll show him what he really wants.

This is book four of The Striking Back Series, but can also be read as a standalone novel.

Intended for 18 years and older. Contains sexual content, including sex between two men.

Kim's Review

S.M. Shade's "Alex" is the fourth tale in the Striking Back series, but you can read it as a standalone. Alex has been alone for 92 days since his boyfriend Cooper died. He lives with Ian, Everly's best friend in his house that they are renovating together. Ian is a manwhore, plain and simple, but Alex still has feelings for him, even though he knows Ian is straight. They both end up drunk and in the same bed because Alex's twin Parker and his fiance fall asleep in his bed. They end up woken up cuddled together. Alex gets a call to go out to help the police with a scared, abused teen whom he takes home to hide until they find him a home. Ian and he decide to keep him and help him along the way. What happens when everything changes for them with one kiss? What happens when Ian's health is in danger? Can they make it, or will it fizzle out and die? Find out in this awesome ending to the Striking Back series!!!

5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads link https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28810875-alex

Buy links:
US link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B8RIV7C
UK link http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01B8RIV7C


**********************************

The first time I met Mason Reed, we were standing naked in a bank, surrounded by guns. 

That should have been a warning. 

An MMA champion, trainer, and philanthropist, but not a man who gives up easily, Mason is trouble dipped in ink and covered in muscle. 

Growing up in foster care, I'm well aware that relationships are temporary, and I do my best to avoid them. After a sheet clenching one night stand, I'm happy to move on, but Mason pursues me relentlessly. Sweet, caring, protective, and at times, a bossy control freak, this persistent man has climbed inside my heart, and I can’t seem to shake him. 

After saving me from a life threatening situation, he’s also won something much harder to obtain. My trust. But does he deserve it? Is his true face the one he shows the world? Or is his charitable, loving manner only a thin veneer? 


Just in case you missed it, here's Kim's review of #1:

S.M. Shade's "Everly" is the first tale in the Striking Back series. Follow Everly as she runs into a man everywhere she goes. Who is this mysterious man? What is he doing everywhere she is? What happens when she finds out that he is ex-MMA fighter Mason Reed. Who is Mason Reed? What does he have to do with where Everly works? Who is Mason Reed really? Will Everly find out who he really is? What happens whenEverly hears something that she shouldn't? Find out in this awesome read!

5 out of 5 stars




**********************************


From the moment I saw her, I wanted her in my bed. 

I should've stopped there. 

Everly Hall burst into my complicated life and changed it forever. I'm a fighter, but I had no defense against this beautiful, stubborn woman. 
Now, I stand to lose everything I have, everything I am. My secrets are dangerous, and put more lives at stake than my own. I intended to tell her in time, but my time is up. 

Everything rests on Everly. 

This is the conclusion of Mason and Everly's story. 
Contains violence and sexual situations and is intended for adults 18 and older

Just in case you missed it, here's Kim's review of #2:

S.M. Shade's "Mason" is the second book in the Striking Back series. So we pick up where the last book left off, with Evie drugged and "kidnapped". What happens when she wakes up? Has she really been kidnapped? What does Mason do with those fake ID's? Does he help people, or kidnap women? Find out that and more in book 2!!! Must read!

5 out of 5 stars




**********************************


                  UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016YGYTFU

Hit it and quit it. 
One and done. 
Hump and dump. 

That has been my philosophy on relationships for the last seven years. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bad guy. I'm always upfront and truthful with the women I date. I don't promise them anything but a good time. 
I could've gone on happily sleeping my way through the major metropolitan area if it wasn't for her. The dark haired beauty who haunts my days and keeps me awake at night. Strong and sweet, she makes me reconsider everything I believe about love. 

Too bad she's completely off limits. 

I've never been good at following the rules.


Kim's Review of #3:

S.M. Shade's "Parker" is the third tale in the Striking Back series. Macy, one of Everly's friends has sought the help of Striking Back to get away from her abusive boyfriend. Parker is playing security for the shelter when she comes to stay. What happens when her ex tracks her down? Can Parker protect her? Will her ex get his hands on her? What happens when Mason is hurt and Everly needs help with Mason's son who he just found out her had? What happens when Parker can't keep his feelings to himself anymore? Does Macy return his feelings, or is she too damaged to know what she's feeling? Find out in this awesome read!!!

5 out of 5 stars



**********************************
Author links
Profile https://www.facebook.com/authorsmshade
Fan page https://www.facebook.com/smshadebooks
Author page http://www.amazon.com/S.M.-Shade/e/B00HZZP9MM
Twitter https://twitter.com/authorSMShade
Website http://www.smshade.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviews for The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy by Cecilia London

6 Days Until Rhapsody by Cecilia London

Promo for The Hellions Ride Series by Chelsea Camaron