Review for The Fighter (The High Rise #1) by Harper Bentley

Title: The Fighter (The High Rise #1)
Author: Harper Bentley
Release Date: April 16, 2016
Find on Goodreads
When I find out the hard-bodied, tattooed god from the gym lives down the hall from me you’d think I’d be thrilled, right?

Um, how about not.

Heath Noble, construction project manager, MMA fighter and resident hottie, seemed charming at first. But after introducing myself, it was all goodbye Mr. Nice Guy, hello Sir Jerkface.

I don’t know what his problem is but guys who look like him are usually jackholes anyway, so I’m out.

Except he won’t let me be out.

Now I'm sure he's hitting on me and I'm as confused as ever.

But I know people and I'm not fooled.

I've got to find out what his game is before the line between my suspicion and my attraction to him becomes blurred and I do something stupid like fall for him.

Because I’ve done stupid before and I’ve only ended up getting hurt.

~~

The minute I find out who Laney Kyle is I want her to pay for what the Kyles have put my family through.

I'm only here to get my brother out from under the Kyle's hold by fighting in an underground ring run by her family. And if I can take all the Kyles down while I'm at it, well, so much the better.

But I have to be smooth. And believe me, I’m all about being smooth.

Or so I thought.

She’s got me so tangled up I’m not sure what I’m doing anymore.

And by the time I realize she’s an innocent bystander, I know I’ve lost her.

Now I’m going to get her back.

But she’s not giving me the chance.


Two people plus one apartment building equals one big messy situation.

And love, as usual, will just make everything messier.

Welcome to the High Rise where tenants get a new lease on love...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks


Kim's Review


Harper Bentley's "The Fighter" is the first tale in The High Rise series. Laney Kyle is a leasing agent for her father's real estate company and lives at one of their properties, The Estates. Her and her roommate Dani Hanson have been recruited by Laney's father to run in a local marathon for the company. They train in the gym of their building when she see someone the dub Hot Tattooed Guy. Heath Noble is working out to help his little brother out of a mess. What happens when they meet? What happens when he learns her name? Can he fight this spark with her? What's really going on at The Estates? Does Laney and her dad know? Find out this and more in this awesome read!!!



4 out of 5 stars




USA Today Best Selling author Harper Bentley writes about hot alpha males who love hard. She's taught high school English for 23 years, and although she's managed to maintain her sanity regardless of her career choice, jumping into the world of publishing her own books goes to show that she might be closer to the ledge than was previously thought.

After traveling the nation in her younger years as a military brat, having lived in Alaska, Washington State and California, she now resides in Oklahoma with her teenage daughter, two dogs and one cat, happily writing stories that she hopes her readers will enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviews for The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy by Cecilia London

6 Days Until Rhapsody by Cecilia London

Promo for The Hellions Ride Series by Chelsea Camaron