Review for The Fae Guard Series #1 & #2 by Elle Christensen

ELLEBT.png

Shaylee.jpg

Protecting Shaylee (Book 1)

Shaylee

As a child, I believed in the fairytales my father told me.

Until he was gone and with him, that belief.

As a girl, I believed in the friendship and protection of Aden.

He made me begin to believe again.

As a woman, I believed in the possibility of love and passion between myself and Aden.

Until he was gone and with him, my belief in magic and happy endings.

Aden

When she was a child, I was tasked with her protection.

As a girl, I became her friend.

As a woman, I could no longer see the child I knew and was forced to fight a growing attraction.

Unable to lie and unable to tell the truth, I left.

Now I’ve returned to give the knowledge I couldn’t before, that she is half Fae.

The darkness is stalking her and I am desperate to teach her what she needs to know to protect herself.

And determined to make her mine.

**Recommended for 18+ due to sexual content and language

Shawna's Review

Protecting Shaylee is the first book in the Fae Guard series by Elle Christensen. Shaylee, a half Fae half human grew up in the human world with her parents. He father would always tell her stories of Fae that seemed so real she believed them true. That was until her fathers death where she put those stories away for good. After his death all she had left was her mother and Aden, the family friend who always came to see her throughout her life. As she grows into a woman not only does she start noticing him but he starts noticing her, until the day he leaves and doesn't come back. Everything seems normal until Aden returns on her 21st birthday to tell her the truth about who she is and where she comes from. Now not only does Shaylee have to come to terms with her hidden identity and move to a new world, she must also comes to grips with her love and fears about Aden so that they can fight the evil that is following her and threatening to claim her.

This was a good book and interesting read. I'm not a fan of Aden at all but he grows on you a little. I like the new take on the Fae world we have in this series, its nice to see something other than the woods and fairy tale type world we usually hear about. the sex scenes are definitely hot and steamy and worth the read. All in all its a good book and I cant wait to get to the second one in the series.

3.5 out of 5 stars

ean.jpg

Loving Ean (Book 2)

Laila

All of my life, I dreamt of my own fairy tale romance.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my soul mate was a lifelong friend.

Ean is everything I want and everything I need.

But, my romance has become a fractured fairy tale.

Ean has pulled away and let his pain engulf him, leaving no room for me.

I want to heal him and bring him back to me.

But, if he won’t let me, I will move on.

I will find another destiny.

Ean

Laila is the best part of me, the light in my soul.

She is my destiny.

I want to give her all that I am, all that I have.

But, the guilt and pain from my mistake has ruined me

I am not worthy of her and I will not drag her down into my Hell.

My love for her is forever.

But, she deserves some one who isn’t broken

So, I’ll watch her walk away, into the arms of another.

*Recommended for ages 18+ due to language and sexual content

Shawna's Review

Loving Ean is the second book in the Fae Guard series by Elle Christensen. This is Laila & Ean's love story, and quite a story it is. Laila was shocked when she realized a life long friend was her fated but embraced it full on, too bad Ean didn't do the same. After losing one of his charges he becomes obsessed with his job and making sure he doesn't loose another. This keeps him from focusing on what is right in front of his face. I feel about Ean the same way I felt about Aden, they are both big headed men who like to control too much, but still there is a part that grows on you. You definitely get to see more of the bad Fae in this and hopefully the third book will have even more. The main story line is getting exciting and growing with each book. I can't wait to see where she goes with it in the third book.

3.5 out of 5 stars

BTB Round.jpg

Protecting Shaylee (Book 1)

Amazon US Amazon UK Amazon CA

Goodreads

Loving Ean (Book 2)

Amazon US Amazon UK Amazon CA

Goodreads

Coming Soon

Chasing Hayleigh

Goodreads

Excper round.jpg

Protecting Shaylee

Aden leans his back against the wall and grasps my waist, bringing me close until I’m standing within the V of his legs, cradled to his chest. I give in for the moment and snuggle into his heat. He kisses the top of my head, then my forehead, each of my eyes, my nose, and finally, brushes a sweet kiss across my lips. Tucking me back into his chest, he sets his chin on my head and exhales a sigh. “I’ll try to rein it in.” My eyes fly up to his and although I know the words coming from his mouth are sincere, I see it blatantly in his eyes and all my irritation recedes.

His eyes probe mine, and I see the desire lurking in their depths as well. “Despite your stubborn resistance to admitting it out loud, we both know you’re mine. Body, heart, and soul, we belong together. You’re also mine to protect, Shaylee, and I can’t do that if I’m not there. I need you with me like I need air to breathe, baby.”

My lungs are choked with emotion at his words. I want to let go and fall into him completely, but my wounds are still a little raw and I need time for them to heal. I lift my eyes and contemplate what I see in the green jade staring down at me.

“I’m not ready, Aden. I’ll stay close and let you protect me. But, I’m not ready to open up my heart and soul to you. I don’t think I can survive having it broken again.” I place my finger on his lips to keep him from protesting. “Give me time.”

He studies me, searching my face for something, and I know he wants to continue the discussion. My insides uncoil with relief when he brushes his nose against mine and releases me. “Go, baby. Get inside before I throw you over my shoulder and spend the night convincing you. I’ll meet you in the training room around ten in the morning.” He nods toward the door. I back away slowly, open my door, and duck inside. As I close it, I look out again and see Aden watching me longingly. “I’m serious, baby, shut that door right now or you’ll be spending the night without any sleep.” I shake my head in mock exasperation, but grin at him as I shut the door. I lean heavily back on it and my body slides languidly down to the floor. I hear a thump and the sound of fabric rustling. My lips curl up when I realize that Aden is sitting as I am, on the other side of my door.

Aden’s voice is muffled when he groans, “You’d better lock the fucking door, Shaylee.” A giggle escapes my mouth as I stand and flip the lock before I walk away.

Loving Ean

“Ean!”

My eyes fly open and I jackknife up in bed, pain searing on my chest. Laila has got ahold of my nipples and she is twisting them tight, shooting pain straight to my belly. What the hell?

“What the fuck, Ean?” She’s screeches. I’m desperately trying to get her to relieve the pressure from her evil little fingers, so I don’t answer right away. This seems to piss her off even more, but to my relief, she releases my abused nubs. I rub my chest gingerly, trying to alleviate some of the pain. She’s once again straddling me, her hands tugging at her hair, clearly freaking out about something. Laila angry is hot as hell. Laila angry while she sits naked, astride my morning hard on? Said hard on has turned into a steel baseball bat.

“Baby, calm down. What’s the matter?” I soothe. I move slightly to try and find a more comfortable spot, but my cock is so hard, it doesn’t matter.

Laila freezes and glares down at the offending appendage. “Seriously?” Her fiery green eyes meet mine, and it does absolutely nothing to help the situation. I do, however, get a little concerned for the future state of my cock when she glances down menacingly. Lucky for us both, she rolls her eyes and climbs off of me, and then the bed.

“It’s morning, baby. You were sitting on me naked. Did you really expect no reaction to that?” Her expression darkens a little but then lets up, because she knows I’m right. “Now, what’s got you so worked up?”

Most likely trying to avoid yelling again, Laila’s mouth clamps shut, her face turning red, and points to a spot on the bed next to me. I look to where she is referring to and see a spot of dried moisture on the sheets. I return my gaze to her, confused, “What? That spot?”

Laila growls in frustration and tugs at her hair once again. “You didn’t use a fucking condom, Ean!”

The realization stuns me. I have never forgotten a condom, not even with Laila. Particularly with Laila, actually. There was no way I was going to get her pregnant and leave, so I’d been extra vigilant. I guess now that I’d decided to be with her, it wasn’t so prevalent on my mind. But, I’m not Aden, (don’t give me that look. I’m not insulting the guy. That he was a total dumbass is fact) I don’t want to get Laila pregnant so she’ll be tied to me just because we are having a kid. I almost shudder at the thought of kids anyway. I want them, don’t get me wrong. Right now, though? The idea scares the shit out of me.

I scrub my hands over my face tiredly; it’s too early in the morning for this shit. “I’m sorry, Laila. I’ve never forgotten before. It had been so long, and you were just so fucking beautiful, I guess I just got carried away. I’m sorry, truly.”

A little of the fire backs away and she looks somewhat mollified. “Well, it’s really a moot point anyway, right? I’m on the pill and it’s not like this will happen again.” Pain knifes through me at her words, but I know I deserve it. I’ll change her mind.

about round.jpg

I’m a lover of all things books, a hopeless romantic, and have always had a passion for writing. Between being a sappy romantic, my love of an HEA, my crazy imagination, and ok, let’s be real, my dirty mind, I fell easily into writing romance.

I’m a huge baseball fan and yet, a complete girly, girl. I’m an obsessive reader and have a slight (hahaha! Slight? Yeah, right) addiction to signed books.

I’m married to my very own book boyfriend, an alpha male with a sexy, sweet side. He is the best inspiration, my biggest supporter and the love of my life. He is also incredibly patient and understanding about the fact that he has to fight the voices in my head for my attention.

I hope you enjoy reading my books as much as I enjoyed writing them!

Follow Elle Christensen...

Website Facebook Twitter Tumblr

Instagram Pinterest Goodreads Amazon

To stay up to date on new releases and great giveaways, sign up for my newsletter…

Sign Up Here

Ardent 2.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reviews for The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy by Cecilia London

6 Days Until Rhapsody by Cecilia London

Promo for The Hellions Ride Series by Chelsea Camaron